Supply Chain & Production Manager
As the Mutt family continues to grow globally, we are looking for a Supply Chain & Production Manager to manage inbound supply chain production and logistics, and out-bound delivery scheduling.
As Supply Chain & Production Manager at Mutt Motorcycles, you will be responsible for working with our directors and senior team on management of motorcycle production and inbound delivery planning. You will also be responsible for production scheduling, pricing and shipment/transport logistics to ensure on-time arrival of motorcycles, parts and branded products globally. You will also work within the business to ensure effective scheduling of build and delivery to end customers.
Our Supply Chain & Production Manager key responsibilities are:
- To work with our CEO and Product Director on effective production scheduling for all motorcycle and parts supply to optimise and coordinate production orders
- To work with our production partners to ensure effective and timely production, transport and delivery of motorcycles and parts
- To ensure understanding of our product supply chain to ensure effective and accurate management of scheduling and delivery
- To work in partnership with our production partners to ensure that the in-bound logistics operations are of the highest quality and cost structures and schedules are agreed and are adhered to
- To work within the business to ensure that production plans are maintained, monitored and communicated effectively, and any changes are managed and communicated as needed
- Work closely with our international licensees and production partners to ensure that international orders are produced as required and are fulfilled on time and in full
- To ensure effective monitoring of in-bound and on-hand stock of all motorcycle and parts products, and ensure that levels are accurately reported and maintained
- Provide functional and business process expertise in logistic with a focus on production and transport management
- Resolve inbound shipment related problems that may occur during the delivery process in an effective manner
- Develop effective communication regarding production and delivery with the executive team, sales team, finance team and our production partners
- Manage warehousing space and systems in conjunction with the Parts Executive to ensure sufficient stock management for motorcycles and parts and ensure that processes and requirements are continually reviewed and revised
- Catalogue goods and manage processes for inbound shipments
- Plan and manage transport and warehousing related projects in line with the company’s growth
- Work with our sales and production teams to devise appropriate outbound delivery schedules for motorcycles and parts
- Manage day-to-day inbound & outbound shipments while ensuring goods are despatched & received correctly and safely using appropriate systems where required
- Oversee and monitor efficiencies throughout our production and delivery logistics, optimising cost, lead times and processes.
As our Supply Chain & Production Manager, you will need:
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience of working in logistics and supply chain, preferably in motorcycle manufacture and production
- Experience of international production and shipping requirements and procedures, preferably in motorcycle manufacture and production
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience of working with third-party production partners on scheduling international shipping and delivery
- Experience in warehouse set-up, systems and management
- Experience in managing production schedules through multi-tier supply chains
- Proven experience of managing outbound delivery schedules and transport including effective fleet management and route planning
- Knowledge and experience of warehouse management, systems and processes
- An ability to develop and report on useful KPIs and successfully meet targets set
- Proven experience of working within a business to devise cost-effective delivery schedules and processes, including transport management and route planning
- Strong experience of continuous improvement of processes, suppliers and cost management
- To be a self-motivated, pro-active, hands-on logistics and supply chain all-rounder.
Supply Chain, Global Logistics Degree or equivalent preferred, with significant industry experience.
As a team member at Mutt Motorcycles, the behaviours we expect are:
- That you will be open to change, and take responsibility for your skills
- That you will work with passion and purpose to achieve the Mutt vision and drive performance
- That you will be a good leader, take accountability and ownership of your actions, and act with integrity
- That you will support the Mutt team, be flexible and resilient and treat others with honesty and respect
- That you will aim for high performance and stretch yourself
- That you will work to spot new ideas and innovate
- That you will use common sense to do the right thing
- That you will consider and understand your impact on others
- That you will do what you say you will do
- That you will work in collaboration with the Mutt team
Mutt Motorcycle is a growing, entrepreneurial business, with a tight-knit team ethos. As such, we may expect Mutt team members to step outside of their regular work/duties to help with other tasks where needed.
Based at our Birmingham HQ, travel where required.
CLOSING DATE: 21/12/2020