Senior Technical Manager
As the Mutt family continues to grow globally, we are looking for a Senior Technical Manager to manage development and production.
As Senior Technical Manager at Mutt Motorcycles, you will be responsible for working with our Product Director and manufacturing suppliers on development of new and existing bike specifications, and working with suppliers and our production, build and support teams to ensure delivery and build to specification and high quality. Alongside working on development and production of bike models, you will also be responsible for overseeing development and manufacture of parts, and ensuring quality control and parts support for all design, production, build and after sale.
Our Senior Technical Manager key responsibilities are:
- To work with our Product Director on development of new and existing bike models, leading the design of prototype builds including specifications and parts and take part in reviews to ensure prototypes are fit for purpose
- To effectively document model specifications for and with manufacturing suppliers for build and reference for existing and development models
- To work with our manufacturing suppliers to ensure and maintain accurate and high-quality build to specifications, ensuring that vehicles meet specifications outlined
- To work with our manufacturing suppliers on best-in-class factory procedures and processes for bike production, and ensure effective training for bike manufacture is implemented and maintained with a strong focus on safe operating practices
- To work with our manufacturing suppliers to ensure effective and on-time delivery of manufactured bikes, implementing targets and monitoring performance
- To identify and implement new manufacturing opportunities and suppliers to support business growth, including parts and bike manufacture and finishes
- To work with manufacturing suppliers to ensure that all current and new parts and components are built to high specification and quality
- To work with manufacturing suppliers to continuously develop and improve part specification and build to maintain high quality and support innovation
- To work with manufacturing suppliers to ensure effective production and supply of parts for bike development and bike build, along with ensuring that parts supply is maintained for effective support for distributors and dealers to complete customer delivery and provide effective after sales service
- To work with our Parts & Warranty team to ensure that stock holding of parts is maintained, and is kept at an acceptable level to support bike build and after sales requirements
- To work with the wider Mutt team on ensuring on-time delivery of manufactured bikes, and troubleshooting any delays or issues with production/manufacture
- To ensure that the Mutt build team have effective processes and quality standards for bike builds and that these are effectively documented for continued team training
- To work with the build team to ensure high quality standards are maintained and continuously developed
- To work with manufacturing suppliers to continuously improve quality, whilst maintaining quality control processes
- Oversee and monitor efficiencies throughout the manufacture and build process, optimising lead times and processes
- Manage production of development models for photographic requirements ahead of production/sale.
As Senior Technical Manager, you will need:.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience of automotive manufacturing specification, practice and processes, preferably in motorbike manufacture and production
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience of vehicle design, specification development/documentation and testing activities, preferably in motorbike manufacture and production
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience of working with manufacturing suppliers in creating detailed vehicle and part specifications
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience of working with manufacturing suppliers in design, development, testing and supply of automotive parts and components, preferably in motorbike manufacture and production
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience of implementing quality control processes throughout an automotive supply and build chain, preferably in motorbike manufacture and production
- Proven experience of identifying, understanding and resolving vehicle and parts manufacturing issues and defects
- Knowledge and experience of producing technical and training documents
- An ability to develop and report on effective KPIs and ensure targets are successfully met with manufacturing suppliers and internal teams
- Proven experience of working with production and build teams, with an ability to identify team growth opportunities and act accordingly
As Senior Technical Manager, you will need these general skills:
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in relation to communicating with external suppliers and manufacturers
- Excellent commercial awareness, particularly in relation to automotive build and supply
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent personal leadership skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- People management skills
- Project management skills
- Professionalism and accountability
- Self-motivation, determination and resilience
- Experience of using Microsoft Office & Google Suite tools/software
Mechanical, production or automotive Engineering Degree or equivalent, or equivalent industry experience.
Mutt Motorcycles are on a path of fast, global growth. We have a small yet exceptionally dedicated team who work hard to support each other to achieve the Mutt mission.
As a team member at Mutt Motorcycles, the behaviours we expect are:
- That you will be open to change, and take responsibility for your skills
- That you will work with passion and purpose to achieve the Mutt vision and drive performance
- That you will be a good leader, take accountability and ownership of your actions, and act with integrity
- That you will support the Mutt team, be flexible and resilient and treat others with honesty and respect
- That you will aim for high performance and stretch yourself
- That you will work to spot new ideas and innovate
- That you will use common sense to do the right thing
- That you will consider and understand your impact on others
- That you will do what you say you will do
- That you will work in collaboration with the Mutt team
This role may involve a high amount of travel, particularly extensive foreign travel to work manufacturing suppliers. As such you will be required have a current passport and be able to travel to other countries/locations, sometimes for long periods. It is also preferable that you have a full driving licence, preferably with your own transport, and are able to travel as needed.
Mutt Motorcycle is a growing, entrepreneurial business, with a tight-knit team ethos. Anybody who joins the team at Mutt may be expected to step outside of their regular work/duties to help with other tasks where needed.
Based at our Birmingham HQ, with extensive travel where required.
CLOSING DATE: 12/07/2020