As the Mutt family continues to grow globally, we are looking for a Workshop Technician to undertake motorcycle building and maintenance as part of our HQ workshop team. This is an exciting hands-on job getting involved in all aspects of motorcycle building and mechanics.
As a Workshop Technician at Mutt Motorcycles, you will be working in our workshop building, servicing and maintaining motorcycles, along with assisting in other workshop and mechanical work as needed.
Our Workshop Technician key responsibilities are:
- Building motorcycles to required specifications
- Undertaking motorcycle maintenance and servicing
- Accurately diagnosing and fixing motorcycle issues
- Moving/loading motorcycles for inbound and outbound deliveries
- Pro-actively working as part of the workshop team to continuously review and improve workshop, maintenance and servicing processes
- Ensuring that all maintenance and mechanical work is undertaken efficiently, accurately and on-time in a professional and safe manner
- Dealing with customers and other team members where required to assist with technical queries or issues.
As Workshop Technician, you will need:
- Extensive knowledge and considerable experience of motorcycles, motorcycle mechanics, servicing and maintenance
- Extensive knowledge and experience of using tools and operating machinery used in the building, maintenance and servicing of motorcycles
- Experience of diagnosing mechanical problems and the ability to find and implement appropriate solutions
- Experience of working on or with custom or hand-built motorcycles is desirable
- A high degree of manual dexterity, as the role involves extensive use of hand tools and includes jobs which have a manual element such as removing and fitting tyres.
As Workshop Technician, you will need these general skills:
- An ability to manage your own time and appropriately prioritise your own tasks and workload
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professionalism and accountability
- Self-motivation, determination and resilience
- To be able to work as part of a close-knit, busy team
- To be a pro-active, enthusiastic and motivated team member.
Educated to A-level or equivalent, with Level 2 Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent experience.
Mutt Motorcycles are on a path of fast, global growth. We have a small yet exceptionally dedicated team who work hard to support each other to achieve the Mutt mission.
As a team member at Mutt Motorcycles, the behaviours we expect are:
- That you will be open to change and take responsibility for your skills
- That you will work with passion and purpose to achieve the Mutt vision and drive performance
- That you will be a good leader, take accountability and ownership of your actions, and act with integrity
- That you will support the Mutt team, be flexible and resilient and treat others with honesty and respect
- That you will aim for high performance and stretch yourself
- That you will work to spot new ideas and innovate
- That you will use common sense to do the right thing
- That you will consider and understand your impact on others
- That you will do what you say you will do
- That you will work in collaboration with the Mutt team
This role is primarily based at our Birmingham HQ/store, but with some occasional travel. It is preferable that you have a full driving licence, preferably with your own transport, and are able to travel as needed.
Mutt Motorcycle is a growing, entrepreneurial business, with a tight-knit team ethos. As such, we may expect Mutt team members to step outside of their regular work/duties to help with other tasks where needed.
Based at our Birmingham HQ, with travel where required.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: MONDAY 5TH APRIL 2021
Download Job Description