As the Mutt family continues to grow globally, we are looking for a Retail Manager to run our Birmingham store. This is an exciting role for a hands-on, all round retail focused individual to develop and run motorcycle and product sales at our Birmingham store.
As Retail Manager at Mutt Motorcycles, you will be responsible for looking after motorcycle and product sales and stock at our Birmingham store, along with overseeing our front of house activities, London store team and motorcycle after-sales in a wide-ranging retail role.
As our Retail Manager, the key responsibilities are to:
- Organise all store operations at our Birmingham HQ store and showroom.
- Organise and manage all retail motorcycle sales through our Birmingham store and manage the customer journey from enquiry to delivery and beyond, building and maintaining a reputation for excellent service
- Organise test rides for customers as needed
- Ensure correct forecasting of bike stock levels and requirements to meet demand
- Be responsible for all financial transactions through our physical and online stores, including handling cash and card payments and accounting transactions
- Prepare and control the budget for our physical and online stores, aiming for minimum expenditure and maximum efficiency and returns
- Plan and oversee our store set-up and merchandising in liaison with other colleagues
- Monitor all stock levels and ensure efficient stock availability to meet requirements
- Liaise with other team members to develop our offering to ensure customer demand and expectation is met
- Ensure that all bikes and products are displayed in an optimum and creative manner
- Identify, budget and procure additional relevant products and brands for stores, and identify and create new sales opportunities
- Keep informed or market trends and ensure that any improvements required in store operations are planned and implemented as needed where required
- Produce and analyse regular sales and revenue reports and make forecasts where needed
- Liaise with the marketing team on marketing, promotion and communication requirements for store sales
- Oversee our front of house team and processes, including management and resolution of all customer service requirements
- Plan and oversee in-store promotional events, activities and displays where required
- Supervise and manage our retail team, motivating and leading team members by clarifying roles, overseeing work undertaken and providing relevant training and helpful feedback
- Manage opening and closing of our Birmingham HQ store and showroom, and ensure stores fulfil all legal health and safety requirements
As our Retail Manager, you will need:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of motorcycle (or similar vehicle) sales
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience of managing a multi-channel retail environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of all requirements needed for motorcycle sales
- Extensive experience of stock/inventory forecasting, buying and management
- An ability to effectively forecast and control budgets
- Razor-sharp commercial retail awareness
- An ability to record and maintain information accurately and in a timely manner, particularly relating to product stocks, deliveries and orders and related financial information
- Knowledge and experience of understanding and assessing sales and financial data to forecast future requirements and resolve issues quickly
- Outstanding customer service skills and experience, with a strong commitment to providing excellent service at all times
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to build and maintain positive working relations at all levels
- An ability to record and maintain accurate financial information
- To be a positive, self-motivated, pro-active, hands-on individual
- Good understanding of retail laws, security, and health and safety
- An ability to take the initiative in difficult situations, particularly when dealing with customers
- Previous knowledge and experience of motorcycle sales in not essential but is desirable as the main focus of the role will involve motorcycle sales.
As our Retail Manager, you will need these general skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly when communicating with customers
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent personal leadership skillsExcellent administration skillsExcellent math skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professionalism and accountability, with the ability to project a professional yet friendly image to customers
- Self-motivation, determination and resilience, with an ability to work under pressure and deal with challenging situations
- Experience of using Microsoft Office & Google Suite tools/software
- Excellent digital literacy and fluency
Considerable retail experience. A related degree, such as Business or Sales & Marketing, or equivalent qualification or experience is desirable but not essential.
Mutt Motorcycles are on a path of fast, global growth. We have a small yet exceptionally dedicated team who work hard to support each other to achieve the Mutt mission.
As a team member at Mutt Motorcycles, the behaviours we expect are:
- That you will be open to change and take responsibility for your skills
- That you will work with passion and purpose to achieve the Mutt vision and drive performance
- That you will be a good leader, take accountability and ownership of your actions, and act with integrity
- That you will support the Mutt team, be flexible and resilient and treat others with honesty and respect
- That you will aim for high performance and stretch yourself
- That you will work to spot new ideas and innovate
- That you will use common sense to do the right thing
- That you will consider and understand your impact on others
- That you will do what you say you will do
- That you will work in collaboration with the Mutt team
This role is primarily based at our Birmingham HQ/store, but with some travel required for meetings. It is preferable that you have a full driving licence, preferably with your own transport, and are able to travel as needed.
Mutt Motorcycle is a growing, entrepreneurial business, with a tight-knit team ethos. As such, we may expect Mutt team members to step outside of their regular work/duties to help with other tasks where needed.
Based at our Birmingham HQ, with travel where required.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: MONDAY 5TH APRIL 2021
Download Job Description